Join us for this webinar on June 27th, hosted by PCHC Director Henry Yu, in partnership with ACAM & INSTRCC of UBC. Learn how to conduct interviews and beginner techniques for editing with accessible technology, including iMovie and Zoom. This webinar will be two hours long, starting at 2:00PM with an additional half hour for demonstrations and questions. See below for the program schedule.
PCHC members and volunteers can claim a free spot by contacting Directors Ada Con (membership) or Pat Parungao (volunteers). General public can register on eventbrite for a token fee of only $5 for this webinar.
FAMILY HISTORY FROM A DISTANCE
Conducted by Prof. Henry Yu
June 27 (Saturday)
2 pm – 4 pm
- Welcome & Introduction
- How to gather and capture family history and migration stories
- Different tools: smart phones, camera, virtual interviews (e.g. Zoom)
- Examples of short stories using family photos/belongings
- Examples of longer stories: short documentary films
- How to formulate the questions for the interview? How to start a conversation?
4 pm – 4:30 pm
- Demonstration on how to post your stories
- Additional Q & A time